I am joining a new link-up today because I am feeling reflective and just feel like writing. I found this one by Jenna and it seemed right up my alley. So here we go.
Thinking about// My face. Ugh. I cringe even as I write this. About six years ago this odd growth thing (gross, I know) popped up on my cheek. Luckily I was able to get in to see my derm and get it removed ASAP. It ended up leaving a tiny scar that I don’t mind. Well, lo and behold I woke up Sunday morning and there it was again! My doc said that could happen and of course it decided to 4 days before my makeup trial and 4 months before our wedding! Oye. I booked an appt. for a few weeks from now for the only dermatologist I could find in the CNY area that could accept me before November. So fingers crossed they can get rid of it again!
Listening to// “Young Folks” by Peter Bjorn and John This is an oldie but a goodie. It always makes me wish I knew how to whistle.
Watching// Parks & Rec We are late on this bandwagon but we have done some serious binge watching lately. Amy Poehler is amazing and Ron Swanson. Seriously. Need I say more? This show has made me laugh more than most I can remember in a long time!
Thankful for// My Fiance We had a scary incident this weekend with our pup (all is well, thankfully) but it really threw us for a loop. However I am proud to say we both handled it really well and were a great support system for each other. It reminded me of why I am marrying this man in November and how lucky I am to have him.
I will be traveling for work this week so won’t be blogging too much but I hope you all have a wonderful week! xo
Excited to have the opportunity to link up with Karli today for a new Friday linkup she is co-hosting with the farmer’s wife! I’ve missed the 5 on Friday posts but understand the hostess’ need to take a break from it. Yet, every Friday I have to say I have missed it! Make sure you check out these girls’ blogs – I love Karli’s writing in particular, she always makes me laugh. But – without further ado – on to the five!
1. I usually end with a quote, but am starting with this one. So many blogs I’ve been reading this week have dealt with themes of worry, anxiety and depression. We all struggle with it on some level and all three are something I am not ashamed to admit I’ve struggled with my whole life. I’ve always loved this quote and saw it again last night. It is a nice reminder.
2. On a lighter note, I also saw this on Pinterest last night and it made me laugh out loud. Can totally see Bri doing this with our kid one day!
3. I saw this recipe on Real Simple yesterday and it looks amazinggg! Such a fresh and easy summer recipe. Totally going to try it soon.
Mozzarella, prosciutto and melon salad with mint
4. I just recently discovered Lulu’s – have you guys heard of it or ever bought anything from there? A friend recommended it to me for honeymoon garb and I have been perusing. I am a little wary – it says it’s for juniors (um I am almost 30). But I did fall in love with this dress and may get it. What do you think?
5. Last but not least, I leave you with a picture of a Corgi. Because why not?
Happy Hump Day, y’all!
As usual I am pulling from my Pinterest board (it’s hidden, otherwise I’d link you to it 🙂 ) Lately I’ve been thinking about all of the different things I want to do and/or get for my maids. I like the idea of giving them jewelry to wear the day-of but I also want it to be practical and things they may use later on. The dresses are a rich purple/eggplant color, long, v-neck with a lace back. So I like the idea of dangly earrings. Anyways, here is some inspiration I’ve been feeling lately!
Betsey Johnson Antique Gold-Tone Fireball Drop Earrings
I love the idea of us all getting ready in the same outfit. Since our wedding is in November, robes are a little tough. I found these super cute fleece monogrammed PJs on Etsy that I just love!
Monogrammed Women’s Polka Dot Fleece Pajama Pants
I have hundreds of ideas Pinned, but I am narrowing it down to earrings, these pants and a bracelet of some sort. Not finalized on earrings, there are so many I like! What do you think, what did you get your bridesmaids?
I’m so excited to link up with my girl Amanda from Kids and Cabernet again for Wino Wednesday!
This week I am reviewing a great red zin we bought a couple weeks ago. I popped it open this weekend and had it with steak tacos. It was light enough for the summer but still dry – just the way I love my reds! My friend’s uncle is a distributor for Cline and I’ve had a lot of their wines. This is by far my favorite.
Tasting notes: This Lodi Zinfandel is a challenging and rewarding wine to produce. Strict selection criteria and master blending show in the final product, which showcases dark berry flavors including black cherry and strawberry. Spice notes, a lasting finish of vanilla from oak aging, and firm, supple tannins add complexity.
Food Pairing: With its smooth structure and rich, berry flavors, the California Zinfandel pairs best with bold-flavored foods such as penne putanesca, grilled steak or chili con carne. (success with the steak tacos!)
Can’t wait to read about what others are sipping on this week!